The doeet MES system allows to control non-operating times in the metal-mechanical production, in order to know the reality of the time consumed in each machine stop in operations such as the replacement of tools or dies for reference changes. In this way, we detect the processes with the greatest waste and avoid waste and non-conforming product.
Availability control allows the metal-mechanical sector to analyze production stoppages and implement organizational improvements in order to reduce unproductive times, in order to verify a posteriori whether the measures have led to an increase in productivity.
The problems of the metal-mechanical industry
that we solved with the doeet MES system.
- Excessive paperwork at operator stations, which must collect information from different sources to complete traceability.
- Lack of recording of the time consumed in the preparation of materials and tools, changes and adjustments, and of allocation to each production order.
- Difficulty to control processes in manufacturing orders with different references and reduced manufacturing time.
- Difficulty in calculating the mass balance when there is a conversion of units in the manufacturing process from coils or profiles to meters, kilograms, etc.
- Loss of operating time due to delays in communication between production and warehouse for the supply of auxiliary material or tools.
Advantages of doeet in the metal-mechanical industry 4.0
Control of molds, dies and tooling and their usage times and condition.
Monitoring of manufacturing parameters, warnings and alarms.
Our solutions for metal-mechanical industry 4.0
MES system and productivity in the metal-mechanical industry
- Productivity control, reliably measures downtime due to machine or tool set-up and adjustments.
- Control of operator training. Assignment of positions by polyvalence.
- Machine and tool maintenance management to reduce downtime due to breakdowns.
- Quality management and product nonconformities.
- Business Intelligence to visualize the information of all processes and departments (Control Tower).
Metal-mechanical manufacturing parameters
- Recording of parameters and variables directly from the machines: mold temperature, hydraulic oil, machine, humidity, pressure.
- Real-time motion recording and control of Cartesian robots.
- Visual alarm after an out-of-range variable recording: temperature, pressure, humidity.
- Control of the use status of molds and dies, with notification of replacement when the specified units are reached.
- Real-time management of location and stock of tools, tooling, spare parts and consumables.
- Traceability of all molds, dies and tools on a single platform.
- Information on the molds and dies used in each manufacturing order and blocking from the ERP.
Costs and productivity
- Monetization calculated on OEE productivity and its KPIs: Availability, Performance and Quality.
- Real knowledge of costs associated with mold and tooling repair.
- Costing of maintenance intervention time for machine breakdowns.
- Economic calculation due to downtime, speed reductions, productivity.
Companies in the metal-mechanical sector improve their productivity with doeet